Keymove have been a family run business for over 6 years and are one of the leading sales and lettings agents in Bradford and the surrounding areas. We pride ourselves on an enviable reputation for our professional service with personal care to landlords.
Book a Valuation
Stage one of selling your property is to book a valuation from a local credible agent that will give you and accurate valuation, Keymove are here to do just that. Your aim should be to market your property at a price that will be attractive to potential buyers, however still achieving the best possible price for yourself.
Choose and Estate Agent
- Is the Estate Agent local to your property?
- Do they have a prominent high street presence?
- Do they have a network of properties and offices across the area?
- Will they organise your legally required Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)?
- Do they have a high staff to home ratio?
- Will they offer a you an update every 14 days with viewing feedback?
- Do they advertise on over 30 websites
If the answer is yes to all these questions then the only agent is to choose is Keymove
This is one of the most important decisions so far as this can make or break your sale. The first 6 weeks marketing is almost impossible to recreate and you will see the most exposure in this time. Your valuations should have identified local properties which will be competitors so make sure you price your property competitively along side these. Here at Keymove we will not market your home at one price and expect to achieve a lower figure, we will advise to market your home at the price we expect to achieve as this is what has brought us our current successes with many other properties.
Instruct an Agent
This is where you ring your chosen estate agent (we do hope it is us) and inform them of your decision. Your agent will then aim to make a mutually convenient meeting with the owners of your home and the property lister (usually the valuer or branch manager). At this appointment the estate agency agreements will be produced and once happy with them the owners will sign them. Two forms of ID will be needed at this point for money laundering purposes, this then gives the agent permission to market the property and to sell your home. Once the legal side is out of the way we will look to take professional photos of every room and also finalise the floor plan.
Presentation for Viewings
First impressions count, the presentation of your property is critical to a successful result. To ensure that your property is presented in the best possible light, you should consider the following:
- Ensure the front of your property looks presentable as this will create an immediate impact.
- A fresh coat of paint where necessary can make a world of difference
- A well lit home looks bright, inviting and more spacious
- Rooms appear larger when less cluttered
- Professionally cleaned carpets can also be beneficial
- Pleasant aromas and well aired rooms can create a welcoming feel.
- Address any jobs that you have been meaning to get dome, such as a broken door handle, damaged skirting board or loose floorboard etc.
- Gardens are an important selling feature so make sure yours is presentable
Instruct a Solicitor
The successful sale of your property can be reliant on the instruction of a professional solicitor with experience in property and a a thorough understanding of property in Bradford. It is a good idea to do some research and make a decision before you put your property on the market. MOst estate agents are able to offer recommendations if required.
Marketing Your Property
To find your perfect buyer you need to spread your net as wide as possible, by giving your property maximum exposure across a wide range of media. To achieve this, your ideal marketing package should include the following:
- Full colour property details with a floor plan and an energy performance certificate (EPC).
- Professional signboards to promote your property 24/7.
- A successful website that attracts hundreds of thousands of unique visitors every year and showcases your property to its full potential (such as multiple colour photographs, floor plans, maps and local information).
- Further exposure on the top aggregator websites.
- Additional coverage in key newspapers and magazines
- Property PR opportunities in local and national press
- Email adn SMS alerts to potential buyers
A Better View
Keymove can offer a chauffeur service so that potential buyers can arrive at a viewing in a relaxed frame of mind. You can provide us with a set of keys so that we can conduct viewings at short notice or when you are out. Keymove will hold all the information to access the property such as alarm codes, double locks, notes on pets etc. Keymove offer accompanied viewings with our managers or senior negotiators so that they can use thier expertise to sell your property.